Tuesday, October 4, 2011

day three of 30 days

Yay to corn tortillas!!   Because with 4 children who like bread this is a cheap solution.  You can make anything on them.  this morning they are having "cheese crisps" cheese melted on tortillas with fruit later.   You can make peanut butter and jelly on them.  you can make turkey sandwiches on them.  Is it exactly the same?  No.   But they have resided to the fact that we are not eating the same.  Tonight I am making pork chops in the crock pot for dinner.  Here is the recipe:  to give credit, it comes from -The Crock Pot Girls


4 boneless pork chops
1 can cream of mushroom
1 pkg limpton onion soup mix
1 onion
Salt and pepper to taste
2 soup cans of water

Put soup and water in pot,add onion and chops then add soup mix over top. Cook on high 4 hours.



obviously I need to substitute.  I am using gluten free cream of mushroom soup.  I am not using the Lipton onion soup mix because it probably has modified food starch which is one of the hidden ingredients containing gluten.  so I will be adding a couple cloves of garlic instead, a few potatoes, and some carrots.  and I will set it for low instead of high so I can start it in the morning.   I probably will not put as much water in it.  I love my crock pot.  I love making dinner at 10 and not having to worry about it.  So I am feeling good.  there is running to be done later.  Pictures will be posted as well as to progress in weight loss., hair and skin conditions  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment