Friday, October 21, 2011

day 20 of 30 days

I was doing research for a friend and I ran across this article.   Interesting points in it.  I did not start exhibiting symptoms until after pregnancy.  I gained the weight I was supposed to but never lost it.  My hair thinned and that was not noticeably until much later.  My moods were sporadic and I had mood swings.  That is not me.  Anybody that knew me growing up knew I was a calm and laid back person.  Type A, but laid back.  I did not anger easily.  I also had a high metabolism.  I never had issues with weight, until after kids.  Yes, I understand weight gain is normal and that things change after babies but there is no reason I should be over weight or why I should have so much trouble losing it especially when I run and eat pretty healthy.  That is starting to change.  I will probably look into going to dairy free as`well.   The problem is I love cheese and cottage cheese.  However, I can do it.  It will be tough but there are options out there that i can live with.  I do notice when I eat dairy that my sinuses act up.  I used to have problems with asthma but after I stopped drinking milk, that stopped.  I have an inhaler i get every year and the past two years  I have not used it.  The one I got over a year ago is still sitting in the box never opened.  I believe I don't have asthma but the doctors say you can't be cured from it.  I say pooey on them, yes I am.  Why I don't drink milk is a blog for maybe tomorrow, but simply, it grosses me out at the thought of it.  That will be next month.  Next month I think I will do a 30 day journey into dairy free and see how I do.  that will be just me though.  the girls seem fine with dairy.  I don't let them have a lot.  I eventually want them off milk completely,except for what I use to cook with it.   I am thankful for coconut and almond milk.  I am thankful for coconut ice cream.   I am thankful for coconut milk creamer.  I love all of those things so it will be easy to adjust.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment