Thursday, October 6, 2011

day 5 of 30 days

Feeling better today.  I still feel "off"   I just feel weird.  I am extremely happy that avocados are gluten free.  I would die if they were not.  Literally. I think if avocados became extinct I would weep profusely.  I am also very happy that my flavored creamers are gluten free as well.    As you can see from my profile description, my three favorite things are coffee, avocados, and tomatoes.  Salsa and guacamole will be made today and enjoyed immensely.  I also found a way to substitute things to give my flour the consistency it needs.  I will post the links at the end.  tonight we will enjoy white chicken chili for dinner.  I will at the end of this month make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.  that right there is ultimate happiness.  It is that time of year for my pumpkin favorites.  I love Fall  :)


how to substitute-this makes me oh so happy.  I want to literally dance.


pumpkin chocolate chip cookies-there is some controversy over the use of oats when going gluten free.  Using oats is more of a concern when one has celiac disease.  I am pretty sure we do not have that so I am not too worried.  I will use the substitution directions for my flour when making these.


white chicken chili-Kroger makes a great gluten free chicken broth.  one of the things you have to look for is  modified food starch (of the wheat variety) or MSG.  if it contains that then don't get it.  I also change how much cumin and cayenne pepper I use.  I use half the amount they say.  otherwise it is like eating fire.  so if you like eating fire then don't change it.


SO see....not all that bad.  I still get lots of great yummy foods.  

No comments:

Post a Comment