Wednesday, October 12, 2011

day 11 of 30 days

Dinner was a huge success-AGAIN.  I totally changed things on the recipes.  GO ME!!!   For the tilapia.  I chopped the tomatoes and mixed the ingredients all together and put it on top of the fish before putting it in the oven.  Total deliciousness.  For the cauliflower, instead of panko, I used the gluten free all purpose flour.  I rationalized. this flour is like very fine bread crumbs so lets try it.  Worked perfectly.  The kids had no idea they were eating cauliflower until after the gobbled it down.  Even Charlotte loved it.  Well, that is not surprising she loves all foods pretty much.  She also loves rice.  You would have thought the cauliflower-aka as I call it," like potato pancakes" were going to be the last ones on the planet because she scarfed it down.  Tonight is leftover night.

I also had a minor depression fest when I went to get mt holiday teas out and almost cried when I realized they are not gluten free  (OK so I exaggerate a little)  but happiness came again when i found I can still have this one:


yes, let the happiness of the fall season continue.  This weekend will be the shopping trip.  There is menu planning to do and pumpkins to buy.  I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR.  If only we had the seasonal changes of the trees here.

No comments:

Post a Comment