Saturday, October 8, 2011

Day 7 of 30 days

The shepherd's pie was a huge success!!!   Dare I say it -the kids ate broccoli, carrots and artichoke hearts and did not even know they loved it.  Even the hubby ate it and loved it.   When the hubby says he loves it or this is really good, I know it is really, really good. I will never make the claim of being a great cook.  I mean I am not bad, I just don't have the talents that my husband does or the Italian natural tendency his mom does.  I can't make most things unless I know the exact measurements. (unless I make my salsa and guacamole.)  I have gotten lots of compliments on my salsa and guacamole.  the hubby does not like it but more for me.  I ask myself sometimes how does he not like it.  Then I always ask-how does he love that stuff in the jar?  The answer:different styles.  I hate jarred salsa.  It is not good at all to me.  My salsa with all its fresh ingredients is absolutely heavenly.  I need a cookbook.  Baking, however is my specialty.  Let's just say this will be an interesting cooking making season.  There is a debate in my head if I will actually do the Christmas cooking making for presents this year.  The problem is that it is too tempting to tasty the yummy goodies I make and they are so not on the gluten free plan.  By November I may be so used to eating this way that it will not be an issue but I want to make sure. there will be gluten free cookies for sure in this house for us to enjoy.  The scale is my friend today.  It is going in the direction I want.  Tonight for dinner was supposed to be leftover Shepherd's pie but we ate it all.  my kids and husband had more than one serving.  So I think I am making tilapia with rice or spaghetti pie.

A couple recipes for you:

black beans and rice-this is so simple yet so yummy
black beans, drain, add BBQ sauce as desired, heat until warm
add tomatoes and avocado dices.
serve over Rice
I prefer Mahatma rice because it is not enriched
(I guess there are times I don't need a cookbook and can throw things together.)

Spaghetti pie

Tilapia-this is I probably melt some shredded Parmesan over it as well.  I will also serve cauliflower and rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment