Monday, October 24, 2011

day 23 of 30 days

We are skipping Mexican Monday.  We are having spaghetti and meatballs.  Two reasons.  I went grocery shopping and am missing a couple ingredients for enchiladas.  I am being lazy and don't feel like taking four children to the grocery store. I want to be nice mom today, not  "stop touching that, come over here, no we can't get that, stop swinging and dancing" mom. (I want my children to be able to swing and dance.  I want to be like them and not feel embarrassed and feel free to spin and dance.  But I am an adult and that will just make me look like I am crazy instead of being told I am for having four girls and wanting one more, but I digress.  I, of course, found a great recipe for meatballs here.  I am changing a few things.  We are not going all crazy and getting "grass fed beef."  I have only one reason.  That stuff is ultra expensive.   Feeding a family of six would bankrupt us doing that.  I eventually will be vegetarian but I am taking small steps for now.  This blog title may change to "30 day challenges".  That is what it is turning into.  Next is dairy free.  after that we will see about giving up meat.  Watch some of the documentaries out there-seriously.  They will make you want to.   I also will not be making pesto but will be making a red sauce and as I have already stated, rice pasta is dreadful, so we will be using the corn.rice blend. I, of course need to remember where I found the recipe.  This is why I should have bookmarked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment