Saturday, October 15, 2011

day 14 of 30 days

We have made it two weeks.  I am so glad we did this.  I am ecstatic.  I am nicer.  My children are nicer.  They are calmer.  Especially noticeable in Janessa.  It truly is amazing.  The meatloaf last night was wonderful.  My husband made the mashed potatoes.  Anything he makes is awesome and he is now in charge of making them forever.  the asparagus was as yummy as always.  Asparagus is our favorite vegetable.  tonight We will have baked ziti.  here is the pasta we use :


the recipe for meatloaf: gluten free goddess I did not make the glaze and I just used the cheap syrup we had in the house.  it worked fine.  I definitely want to get the real maple syrup.  I have issues with high fructose corn syrup for health reasons.  I don't want to use it at all but we had to use what was on hand this time around.  

mashed potatoes:  cant tell you.  because I honestly don't know what he did to make them yummy.  here is the answer I got "milk, butter and seasonings."

asparagus : break ends off.  they will break where they are supposed to.  mic with olive oil to coat, salt and pepper to taste.  put in oven on 375 until cooked to desired consistency.  I love it crispy. You can sprinkle Parmesan for an added taste.

I also am getting lots of questions on where I get my information.  From the Internet.  lots of research.  Friends sent me websites for the recipes.  here are a couple of the links :



there are many more but that is a start.  Let me preface we are not Celiacs.  It is just that a lot of people are with a gluten intolerance.  the rest of just have a slight sensitivity.

1 comment:

  1. Don't make excuses for the syrup--you are doing a MAJOR lifestyle overhaul. You get to do it in steps. :)
    I'm so glad this is having such wonderful results for you!

    ReplyDelete