Tuesday, October 18, 2011

day 17 of 30 days

I stumbled upon this really cool blog.  I was looking to see if taco seasoning was gluten free., which it is.  this pretty much sums it up.  We have not cheated yet.   Well I have not cheated.  Hannah did with a piece of donut.  You would not think a small piece of donut, like a little bite,  would not affect her but my oh my her attitude was horrid and tummy problems. I asked her as soon as the crankiness started if she ate anything she should not have.  The truth came out.  We have the holidays coming.  Thanksgiving will not be a problem.  We are having Thanksgiving here and I can make the entire meal gluten free.  I am making a regular apple pie because my parents will be here and my husband will want to eat something "normal".  To us, gluten fee is normal.   I think my husband has even accepted that dinners will be gluten free.   Christmas, however, will be a completely different story.   Then again maybe not.  Christmas dinner has never been a big tradition for quite a few years.  It is breakfast with the in laws.  then usually just visiting the different families.  We visit because we live in a different state.  IF I could do it, I would do a traditional Christmas Day Dinner just like I do a Thanksgiving Day dinner.  Last year was the start of that tradition.  OF course it was done backwards.  I gave birth on Thanksgiving and we celebrated Thanksgiving on the day Charlotte was actually due.  My kids have even started asking can we go out to a restaurant.  I will be honest and say I have contemplated it .  After all, what is the occasional cheating going to do?  but I know what will happen .  We will be cranky.  I will be yelling at my kids, especially Janessa, for a week about not staying focused.  I will hear complaints about stomach pains.  I will be bloated and miserable.  I don't want that.  The bright side?  we save loads of money on going out to eat.  I am sure there are gluten free options at the restaurants but when ones favorite restaurant is chinese buffet or Golden Corral, that is impossible.   Here is the link to the blog:

cheating on gluten free is the name of this particular blog but she has a blog chock full of info and such.  It is a wonderful resource.

so my dear friends and family reading this don't be surprised if when we visit we don't eat dinner with you.  If we do come to eat, we will pack on our own foods.  I will be that mom carrying the extra diaper bag filled with snacks and foods.  I will leave foods appropriate for them to eat when they stay the night.  We will come by after or before meals.    I know you all don't care and are completely supportive.  Just wanted to let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment