Thursday, November 3, 2011

New 30 day Journey DAY 1

SO Today I have decided to start dairy free living.  Challenging myself to do this for 30 days.  I do better when I set goals like this instead of saying  "I am now dairy Free."  My type A personality will not allow me to want to fail once I start a challenge.  SO I have noticed there is dairy in  practically everything.  If it is not milk it is whey. SO this will prove challenging but only for a few days to a week as I read labels.  I will miss cheese the most but I found alternatives that will do for now.  I also am happy to day I found butter not made from dairy.  I was thinking "How on earth am I going to eat a baked potato with no butter?"   Well I get to have this :
One thing I will not miss is milk.  I have done extensive research on milk and frankly it is gross what they do to the cows to produce it.  I will just start with we are the only animal on the planet that drinks milk from another animal.  All animals drink milk until  they are ready for regular food and then they stop.  Milk from cows is also in its natural state designed to grow a 2000 pound cow.  I am not trying to become a 2000 pound cow yet for years we have been ingrained that milk is good for us and we need the calcium.  Yes, we need calcium but there are other places to get it.    Please do not take this that I am judging you if you drink milk.  My kids and husband do.  My kids, however, are only allowed to use it in their cereal.  This will be changing but lets face it, milk is cheap and alternatives are more expensive.   There are also many health benefits when getting off dairy that I can personally testify to.   This will be a blog for tomorrow.  I will also be listing dairy free recipes that I will be making and dairy free alternatives that I will be using.  Here is one I will be making this week for when I crave something sweet, which is usually chocolate and every stinking chocolate bar that I have seen contains dairy of some sort.   raw chocolate chip cookies recipe.  these are good.  not exactly the same but good.

No comments:

Post a Comment