Sunday, November 6, 2011

day 4 of 30 days

This dairy free challenge is way easier than the gluten free one.  I even made a stop at Dairy Queen yesterday for my daughter after her gymnastics meet and resisted getting a yummy blizzard.  Then I totally thought how cool would it be to be able to go to a dairy free ice cream chain and get dairy free desserts.  I probably would make millions.  Lactose intolerant people I am sure would love blizzards and sundaes without having to deal with the consequences or taking medication before eating it.  I am sure the vegans would love a sweet treat like that every now and again.  But my life is insane enough at the moment.  So here is something that our family is currently enjoying for desserts.  It is my favorite and cures any sweet craving I am having.

                                                                      pumpkin smoothie 

Oh yes it is yummy.  I don't do the whip cream and instead of milk I use coconut or almond milk.  It is heavenly!!!  and it is cheap to make.   I usually need to add more milk and more ice because i like like a milk shake.  you can add a little more sugar to make it sweeter.

I also found this recipe for creamers pumpkin spice creamer-scan down to the bottom

peppermint mocha creamer

So yes I still get to relish in the holiday creamers that I look forward to every year and not get to miss out and pass by the creamer aisle and sigh.  I also get to save money because I am making my own.  There are controversies on soy.  That will be a blog for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment