Saturday, November 5, 2011

day 3 of 30 days of dairy free living

It is day 3 and the scale is already back to being my friend again.  It is because I am not eating cheese and chocolate on a daily basis.  We had tacos for dinner last night.  Do you know how hard it is to have tacos with no sour cream?  It was almost torture.  But I consoled myself with my homemade salsa and guacamole.  All was well.  Probably wondering how I had them without cheese either.  Well I use this as an  alternative:

Is it the same? no, of course not but it does help with needing something if it needs cheese.  I have to have cheese on my tacos and sometimes I want a tuna melt.  of course this has casein which has a milk protein and soon I will not be using this at all.  So I was not totally dairy free.  It is a learning process.  This is what happens when you assume something is dairy free and you don't read the labels to find out for sure.  To be truly dairy free the ingredients casein and whey also need to be stayed away from.   What threw me off on this was the label on the front saying lactose free.  lactose free does not mean dairy free.  So once I get to the grocery store again I will be buying goat cheese or even possibly making my own.  


So we move on.  we continue on the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment