Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day 7 of 30 days

So my dear friend. Dana put a recipe for dessert in my comments yesterday and oh I will be trying it.   I also will delight in giving it to the baby who loves ice cream but really don't want her to have it so she will delight in eating it as well.   It has been a week.  It has been life changing.  It is something I am so thankful I have decided to do.   When I was fifteen after getting my tonsils taken out I was diagnosed with asthma.  It was the year of missing lots of school and losing weight.  (Mind you I did not need to  I went from 135 to 110 in about a month)  I had the pleasant experience of a long needle inserted into my tonsils to drain them only to be told after they need to be taken out.  To which I thought, since I could not speak "DUH, I knew this and have for awhile since ending up in the hospital for not eating because I could not swallow and on antibiotics."  SO they came out and do to all the drainage into my lungs I became asthmatic and would usually need the inhaler seasonally after that.  Usually winter time.  However, a few years ago I gave up drinking milk and for the past three years have not needed it once. Every year I get a prescription and every year it sits on my shelf and gets expired.  I think my asthma is only associated with dairy intake.  I will no longer get an inhaler.  I believe I no longer have asthma.  I will get one if I decide to consume milk again because I become homeless and move to a field of cows.    Here is the inhaler I got last year when I was pregnant with Charlotte.

still in the box.  needs to be thrown out because it is expired and never used once.
SO here is information that links asthma to dairy:

asthma and dairy  very interesting.  This also could be why my eldest has the sinus problem she does so I have removed milk from her diet completely and see how that goes.  I will go more extreme with her if it does not improve.  that poor child.  She seems to be the guinea pig for diet changes with the children.  


No comments:

Post a Comment