Friday, November 11, 2011

day 8/9 of dairy free

So I totally changed what I was making for dinner the other night because somebody posted a picture on Facebook of their avocado Swiss cheeseburger.  So I made avocado feta cheeseburgers.  Well I found out the hard way that the Feta cheese I got was not dairy free.  It was still delicious but I paid for it with bloated gassiness the next day.  SO yes, lesson learned.  study cheese before shopping.  Some Feta is made from goat's milk.  I even saw goat cheese made with some cow's milk.  That annoys me as much as when I see labels saying "made with whole grain" yet when you look at the ingredients it says "enriched flour"  So we move on and buy just goat cheese next time, which I did today.  This will be used for me and me only.  I will be stingy with my cheese.  I also attempted to make chicken and dumplings last night.  Big FAIL.  some recipes you just can't make substitutions with so I trying again tonight but making it this way:
chicken and dumplings recipe- this Bisquick will be treated like it is gold.  Half the size. more expensive.  Any recipe calling for milk uses goat's milk instead for substitution.  soy, almond, or coconut just don't make good substitutions usually. But tonight it will be enjoyed and snuggles with the hubby and crochet needles after.  oh happiness.

The kids have been begging for pumpkin chocolate cookies for weeks.  So they were made.  they were delicious!!!!

pumpkin chocolate chip cookies-  goat's milk was used instead and I made some just for me without the chocolate chips.  I can die happy now.

No comments:

Post a Comment