Saturday, November 26, 2011

day 24 of 30 day

So there was cheating during Thanksgiving not only with myself but the girls.  After last night though, I said no more.  there was not even that much of cheating.  Even a little bit sent the girls and I into emotional craziness.  Even the baby.  She normally sleeps with no problems.  Last night she was just a cranky, crying mess.  The husband had to take her for a walk at 9:30 at night. We are a bunch of cranky, short tempered, emotional messes.  It is behavior I have not seen in months. my poor husband.  Anyway, I said no more.  We will not cheat.  not even at Christmas.  We will deal with gluten free deserts that I make.  We will bring our own food when we go on vacation.  When we eat at people's houses when we get invited over I will tell them is you want us, this is what we can't have.  really it is five ingredients. (wheat,malt,barley, modified food starch, and regular pasta)  IF that is getting used in anything , then we will decline and visit before or after or just bring our own dinner.  This has been enough that I never want to have it happen again.  Even my husband noticed.  I said "I cant even let them cheat for two days."  He said "yup"   So it will be not so fun in this house for a few days,  There will be crankiness.  However, there are goodies we will enjoy to help.  I will make gluten free cookies later.  pumpkin chocolate chip.  I will make gluten free spritz cookies that they can make.  They will play outside to run off the energy and wear them out.  We have learned our lesson.  Next year for Thanksgiving the girls and I will eat completely gluten free.  I will make gluten free stuffing,  I will make deserts we can enjoy.  I will make regular stuffing for the hubby.  We know what happens when we don't stick with it and have proved once again we need to be gluten free.  Hopefully, it only takes a couple days to fix it.  I won't be surprised if it takes a week or so though.  Gluten is slow acting with its bad effects at times.  We will muster through.  Pomegranates and coffee will help tremendously

No comments:

Post a Comment