Wednesday, February 29, 2012

running challenge

So the challenge continues with some tweeks.  this week I started the pre training to training for a 5k.  I want to run a 5k in less than 30 min.  Ultimately about 24 minutes.  I aim high,  I also am determined and bull headed and do what I set my mind to do.  So for the next four weeks I will be running 5 days a week.  After that starts the 5k training.  I absolutely adore running.  I use it to de-stress.  There is a euphoric feeling that comes with running that only runners understand.   I like that feeling.  I used to attempt that feeling many years ago with drugs and alcohol except with running my mind is clear.  I now get why people run marathons.  I also like to beat my times I run.  Today I averaged 8:40 per mile.   Best time ever.  So I was able to run 3 miles in less than 30 minutes.  Something I never thought I could ever do.  Something I announced to a lot of people during church that I wanted to run 3 miles in less than 30 minutes by the end of 2012.  Well I have changed that goal.  I am now setting a goal to run a half marathon by February of 2013.  I plan to run the princess 1/2 marathon at Disney.  So I will train up to it in small goals.  Plus I have to make sure that the older two are mature enough to stay in the house to babysit because running a half marathon will take two hours when I get to that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment