Tuesday, July 17, 2012

30 days to Raw Eating

Oh a new challenge!!!  I am taking the plunge.  I am going to be going Raw.  If you are unaware this means no cooked foods above 150 degrees.  This means no meat.  For those of you reading this wondering where I will get my iron, trust me there are plenty of veggies that contain Iron.  I am tired of my sugar addiction.  I am tired of staying at the same weight for well over a year.  17 months to be exact.  I just want to be healthy, have lots of energy, and not get sugar highs and drops that make me look like a crazy person with my emotions.  So the more I read on eating this way, the more I have come to the conclusion this is the way I want to eat.  I am getting into this slowly over the next month.  There are a few key items I need to get and need to use to make this happen

1.  A juicer.  I don't have one.  I need one to juice my veggies.   There are some veggies I detest but when juiced with some apples I can pretend I am not actually eating them.  One is raw carrots.  I can shred them on my salad and eat them.  I just can not have big chunks of them.  I am pretty sure if I juice them with an apple I can deal with them

2. Dehydrator:  I have one.  It is a good one to make "cooked foods" so to speak.  I also adore dried fruits.

3. coffee grinder: well I honestly can't remember why I need this but I read that I do for something other than coffee.

4. Raw Honey.  no, I am not going to go to a beehive and get my own.  I will go to the health food store.  This is what I will use to sweeten if necessary

5. sprouting:  there are things that I will sprout.  so I will need sprouting bags or a mason jar.

I also plan to grow some of my own veggies next year.  I had a home grown tomato today and I about died from happiness.  Best tomato I have ever tasted.


Some people eat grains.  I am not for now.  I don't expect anybody else in my family to do this I am cooking  for them.  Being I am not eating it I figure money wise it will balance because I will spend less on making dinner and use that money to feed me.  However, I am not buying chips, cookies, or anything that comes in a box for snacks so already that saves $$$$.   If they want a cookie than they better look at God's cookies and eat a crunchy apple.  (I do have a great recipe for chocolate chip raw cookies that I will hoard because they are that delicious.)

One of my resources is Hallelujah Acres.  So my plan is to be 95% Raw by mid  August.  I mean, give up coffee?  I am not sure if I am willing to do that.

1 comment:

  1. I believe you can do it, Tory! I went Vegan for about 3 months and lost a lot! Right after I met Ty, I started eating meats again and he told me when we first met that I needed to gain some weight! So trust me, it works! I think I will do it myself(: Just having another and all(:

    Its Brittni Williams by the way..don't know if it showed.

    ReplyDelete